Time4Learning

I've been invited to try Time4Learning for one month in exchange for a candid review. Time4Learning can be used for homeschool, afterschool and summer skill sharpening. Be sure to come back and read about my experience. Please note, we cannot process requests for blogs which have been active for less than six months. Time4Learning does not honor requests for a 30 day free membership for reviews posted on Facebook , Twitter, private blogs, groups or forums of any kind. As always, please feel free to contact us anytime at reviews@time4learning.com.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Down again

I was on the mend. ......

I turned 33 last week and it was a special day.

But for some reason, this birthday bothered me.
I was very emotional about it.
I had my feelings hurt that some people forgot.
I realized that I am now officially middle age.
My body is changing in ways I am not happy about (even though I am working out).
My hair never looks good (hormones maybe)
And my toe was still hurting from breaking it 9 weeks ago and I still couldn't do any cardio (which I need to balance out my mood swings).

However, this past Monday my toe was finally feeling better and I was able to run a mile on and this made me so happy!

Then the next blow came.

While at the gym on Monday, I realized that my eye was a little sore and that I had a stye. I went swimming and by Monday afternoon I had to call the eye doctor. Good thing I went. By the time I got there, my eye was pretty swollen. I had a stye in both the upper and lower lids and it was a type of infection that spreads across the eyelids. Not just a normal stye (of course not, it's me).

I was put on an eye ointment and Omincef because it couldn't just be cleared up with eye drops. I was told to put hot compresses on it and to rest.

Tuesday morning I woke up and it was much worse. By Tuesday afternoon, it looked horrible. I had to go back to the doctor and she said "you have a doozy of a case". Now that didn't make it any better. The pain in my eye made me just want to cry. She said that it had turned into cellulitis of the eye and we had to get it under control or I would have to be put in the hospital on IV antibiotics. I freaked a little needless to say. So, she put me on Bactrim on top of the other medications that I started on Monday. I am on so many meds right now, and I hate the way I feel.

Thankfully, my little brother came and picked up the girls and they stayed with my mom and dad last night so I have been able to rest a little. My eye looks horrible (I won't put a picture up I promise) and I have a low grade fever that is making me just a little irritable.

My sweet granulated sugar came and brought me a happy today. Some soup and crackers, ice cream, flowers, and of course acidophilus!!! That made smile!!

Emi turns 5 tomorrow and Bryan is leaving to go out of town tomorrow. Pray that I feel better so I can make her have a special day. She is super excited about turning 5. I think she thinks that there will be fireworks that are going to go off or something. She had gymnastics in the morning and she is excited about that because she gets to be thrown in the pit for her birthday. We bought her a new gymnastics mat for her present so I know she is going to be excited about that.

Enough whining. I know God is in control and this too shall pass. I can't get Adam Cunningham's song out of my head. It is keeping me going right now. If you don't have his cd - get it - it's awesome!!

Don't Let Go
Don't you back down from wherever you are
You know the ending is never that far
Hold onto Jesus with all of your might
He's more than able to conquer the night
He'll give you strength like you've never known
Stand up, stand strong don't you ever let go
Don't Give In
Don't Give up until the end

http://www.myspace.com/adamcunninghamband

Jesus sees me and hears me crying out to Him.

So all this to say, I'm not giving up or letting go and I will keep trudging along and praising God the whole time. In pain anall without doubting that God is in control.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

oh brn sug, i hope you know i could barely talk on your birthday b/c of severe, unbearable pain & the pain block was that day & can i say i was outta my mind & not at all here...shane is trying to still block some of my comments & scary mood outta his mind. i can now smile from the relief, praise Him.

Anyway, your life is so dear & special & i didn't know or sense you were down. i'm sorry your feelings were hurt. i love you.

& i am praying for eye & body ache/fever relief. i know it has been very painful & between this & your poor toe, you've just had it! And, God cares about you from head to toe:). He will bring rain & comfort to you, His daughter.

i love you & we are here for you any moment this weekend.

our sweet em is almost 5!!!!!

you will be on your feet soon with abundant energy & strength!

Shannon said...

thanks gran! you are such an encouragement at all times to me. i love you dearly and i am so thankful for our relationship -sister!

Amy said...

Oh sweetie, the waves just keep coming... I'm praying. Just praying a lot. Get well so we can play! And I taught my little Jenn well! Yea for the acidolophus!!! lol.. :):):)

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry you are feeling down. I sure do miss you.