Time4Learning

I've been invited to try Time4Learning for one month in exchange for a candid review. Time4Learning can be used for homeschool, afterschool and summer skill sharpening. Be sure to come back and read about my experience. Please note, we cannot process requests for blogs which have been active for less than six months. Time4Learning does not honor requests for a 30 day free membership for reviews posted on Facebook , Twitter, private blogs, groups or forums of any kind. As always, please feel free to contact us anytime at reviews@time4learning.com.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sulfur Allergy!!!

Well, I so wish that I could make this post as ellaborate in wording as some of my fellow posters do, but, don't get your hopes up because I can't.

I know a few posts back I was down and aggravated about my health and ready to run away, well the saga continues. When I had that eye infection (cellulitis) they put me on tons of Bactrim (a sulfur based antibiotic). I was taking massive amounts to try and keep me from going into the hospital. I started feeling really bad on it though and quit taking it 3 days after I started. Praise the Lord that I did!!!! Now let me explain why....

About a week ago I came up with some spots on my stomach that looked like poison ivy. I did the normal thing to treat it but for the life of me couldn't figure out how I had gotten it. It only worsened until I finally made myself go to the doctor, yet again, to get a cortisone shot. That was this past Monday. (I still wasn't convinced it was poison ivy.) Last night I was up all night scratching and the rash had now spread all up my back and down onto my hips and legs. So, needless to say, I called the doctor back this morning and they wanted to see me. When I got there the doctor said I was definitely having a reaction to something but I couldnt' figure out anything I had changed. In talking to him (more like my rambling on and on to him) I told him I ever had anything normal with me in dealing with my health. I told him my stye had turned into cellulitis and he literally stopped me midsentence and asked me what they had given me for that. I told him Bactrim and if there could have been a light bulb above his head it would have turned on brightly at this point. He said, "that's it, you're highly allergic to sulfur".

So I am on more drugs, steroid pills, a pill to try and help the itch and any ointment that makes me more comfortable (which would be none!!). I literally feel like someone is scratching my skin with lit matches!!!!

Pray for comfort and sleep please!!!

5 comments:

Joy said...

I am allergic to sulfur drugs also, and it is a horrible feeling reaction.
I will pray for the itching to lessen.
So sorry!
Joy

Greta said...

I am too!
I'm sorry you're feeling so miserable and I hope it clears up FAST!

Jenn said...

praying for relief!!!!!! i love u!!!

Amy said...

I am so sorry. I was just reading last night about Job and how people can live through tragedy but it's physical pain that brings them to their knees. I am so sorry. I hope your health gets better and then stays there...

Ronda said...

Oh Shannon! I'm so sorry to hear about another thing attacking your body! Let me know if you need anything!!