Time4Learning

I've been invited to try Time4Learning for one month in exchange for a candid review. Time4Learning can be used for homeschool, afterschool and summer skill sharpening. Be sure to come back and read about my experience. Please note, we cannot process requests for blogs which have been active for less than six months. Time4Learning does not honor requests for a 30 day free membership for reviews posted on Facebook , Twitter, private blogs, groups or forums of any kind. As always, please feel free to contact us anytime at reviews@time4learning.com.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Prayers to share

Each night Bryan and I go in with the girls to put them in their bed. The girls each pray and then Bryan and I pray for them. It is a sweet time and one I cherish each day. I had to share some of the prayers from lately though. I know God is smiling down on them when He hears the voice of children praying....

They each start off this way and we just can't bring ourselves to correct them (too cute)
"Now I lay me down to sleep, I praise the Lord my soul to keep.... Thank you for...."

Payton's prayer:
Thank you for everybody in the whole world. Amen (precious and to the point)

Emi's prayer:
Thank you Jesus for coming into my heart so I can be born again so I can see Mary and Joseph.

Of course I cried and I can't wait for the day when she truly understands and becomes a Christian. It made my heart happy that she is listening to what we are trying to teach her. We are really teaching her about sins and forgiveness and why Jesus needs to live in our heart so we can go be with Him in heaven. This leads me to a conversation I had with her yesterday.

Emi had a hurt on her arm and she was whining about it on the way to gymnastics and I told her I would take care of it when we got there but there was nothing I could do while I was driving. So this is her conversation with me...

Emi: Mom, I'm ready to go to heaven and see Jesus

Me: I'm not ready for you to go to heaven yet, but why do you want to go?

Emi: I miss Jesus mommy and He can make my booboo feel better

Me: Jesus is right here with us and He hears you when you pray. Why don't we just ask Him to make your booboo feel better here in the car?

Emi: I know He is here with us, but I miss Him and I'm ready to go to heaven.

Me: Well I hope Jesus doesn't want you to go to heaven just yet, because I'm not done with you here. Let's just pray, okay?

Emi: Okay. Mommy, I need a bandaid when I get to gymnastics so you can take care of it there. Now can we listen to my music louder please?

Never boring with 3 kids is it???

4 comments:

jordan said...

i absolutely love reading about you and your family (and looking at your pictures)! your girls are too precious! i miss you all so much, and hopefully next time i am home i will get to see you :)

Jennifer said...

have she and abi been talking?!

Unknown said...

How cute! Listening to the prayers of little ones can make you laugh and cry at the same time. On Christmas Day, after we read the Christmas story, but before we opened gifts, each of the kids prayed. Hannah's prayer went like this: "Dear Jesus, I know it is your birthday, but it is Christmas and Santa came. Amen." Kids!

Jenn said...

awwww...i love my emi...growing up & eager to see her heavenly father b/c of His dear love for her...

i think it's quite beautiful that children long to see Jesus---He is her creator & the author of life, so what a natural wonder it is to desire His presence; His face...tell her to look at nature, her sisters, etc...& there she'll see Him. then, asking him to live in her heart help her know Him better...

emi, i love you & i, too, long to see Jesus. until he takes you home, enjoy your little life & look for Him in everyday life. i see Him in you...