Time4Learning

I've been invited to try Time4Learning for one month in exchange for a candid review. Time4Learning can be used for homeschool, afterschool and summer skill sharpening. Be sure to come back and read about my experience. Please note, we cannot process requests for blogs which have been active for less than six months. Time4Learning does not honor requests for a 30 day free membership for reviews posted on Facebook , Twitter, private blogs, groups or forums of any kind. As always, please feel free to contact us anytime at reviews@time4learning.com.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Little Lamb Lovey, WHERE ARE YOU????

Tuesday was an eventful day as well. It just seemed to be one Alfalfa Moment after another. The day started off with me having to take Graci to the ENT because her ear was still draining and she was still snotty even after a round of Omnicef and Floxin drops. Jenn kept Emi and Pay for me while I was gone so that was great!

We get all the way to Brookwood and I put her in the stroller, but left her lamb in the car because I didn't want germs on it. Thankfully, the doctor was running on time and the appointment went by quickly. We still had an infection so ear drops, antibiotic and decongestand was precribed again. Since it didn't take as long as I had thought it would, I decided I was going to go ahead and drive the rest of the way downtown and surprise our NatNat with a visit from us. We drove around and around and finally found her building. I texted her and waiting for a reply but Graci fell asleep in the car while I was waiting. So.... I had to go ahead and leave without even seeing Natalie. Ended up she was in a meeting anyway so the timing was just wrong all together.

My next stop was Hobby Lobby to pick up something while I was on my home (instead of driving out of the way to go by and get it). Graci was still asleep when I got there so I just carried her, her little lamb (lovey), and paci inside with me since I just had to pick up one thing. We were literally in there maybe 5 minutes. I put her back in the car and proceeded on my way down 31 making my way back to Jenns.

I decided that since I still had an hour before Jenn wanted me to get the girls I would go by my dad's shop and see if he wanted to do lunch. Now this is a very important point in my day that I COMPLETELY forgot about. I ran inside and the timing wasn't right for my dad either :(. One of his mechanics was on vacation so he was a little busy, so no lunch with Paw either. I had rolled down the window for my dad to talk to Graci but he opened the door for a minute too.

Off we go again. I decided that I needed to get Graci something to eat because she was getting pretty fussy. I proceeded on down 31 and decide to do Zaxby's. I called another friend to see if she could meet us for lunch but you guessed it, the timing wasn't right for her either. Graci and I headed into Zaxby's to eat - just the 2 of us. Had a good lunch and finally we were on our way to get sissys.

I get to Jenns and convince the girls it was time to leave. Jenn walks us out to the car and I started explaining to her how funny Graci was with her loveys. I was telling her that Graci won't use the lovey I had made her anymore, that she just wanted her lamb. In doing this, I was looking for her lamb and IT WAS GONE!!!!! I started to panic. It was 12:30 and nap time for all of the kids. Graci didn't want her paci, her bottle, her other lovey but only her lamb, and it wasn't here. So off we go again.... I started to retrack my steps and the last time I could remember it was in Hobby Lobby. Precious Jenn decides to get in the car and her Brooks were going to ride with us so I didn't have to get the girls out to go in and look for it.

We called Hobby Lobby and no one saw it inside the store or in the parking lot. We put the portable DVD player in the car, Brooks' seat in the car and give everyone juice and head up to Hoover. The whole time I am trying to retrace my steps and I just feel like some part of my day was missing from Hobby Lobby to Zaxby's but honestly could not remember it. We pass my dad's shop and my dad in his car on the way to Hobby Lobby. I search the whole parking lot and all inside Hobby Lobby and it is nowhere to be found. I am really trying not to have a breakdown at this point. And Graci is still screaming too. At this point, I decided to call the girl that had given to Graci and drive to the store she bought it from and just buy another one. (Side note: I had called her first thing that morning to ask her to buy another one for Graci and I would just pay her for it when I saw her this weekend - ironic huh?)

So off we go again. We drive to the other end of Valleydale Road to the store and you guessed it, they no longer sell that type of blanket. Breakdown occuring now!!! Graci is still crying but Emi and Payton fell asleep and Brooks was just eating chicken and watching the movie. I resolve to the fact that we are just going to have to do without it and try to carry on with life without our lamb. Sad day....

We make it back to Jenns to drop her and Brooks off so I can get home and get Emi ready to leave again for gymnastics (back up in Hoover again). I have used almost a whole tank of gas in the surburban by this point so I knew Bryan was going to love that. I get home and get her ready and thankfully Daddy gets home in time to keep Graci and I just take Payton with me. Jenn and I get on the phone together and start searching the internet and Ebay and finally find a lamb that is the exact one we lost. Of course, I express order it so it will be here in a couple of days. It was worth it to me regardless of the price, considering Graci was still awake at this point and it was 3:00. I explain to Bryan what our day was like and told him to just try to get her down for a nap if possible.

While at gymnastics my mom calls me and says she is going to head to Hobby Lobby to check again and to ask each register if someone had happened to turn it it - thank heaven for Mommys and what they will do for their children :) My brother and I were watching Emi when the phone call from heaven came in - it was my dad!!!! Here was the missing puzzle piece. I had forgotten I had gone by my dad's shop that day. When he had opened the door, the lamb had fallen out on the ground and he found it!!!! I started crying all over again, but definitely tears of joy. This meant the one I ordered would be the backup in case this ever happened again. Which I pray it never does!!!!

**Now to explain the memory thing.... I was diagnosed with epilepsy back in 2001 and I have it in my temporal lobe which is where your memory is. This is one of the effects of my seizure. Loss of memory... some long term and some short term. Jenn was amazed by this and said she didn't realize I had this problem. Welcome to my world Jenn :) I know it made you exhausted but I'm glad you go to experience a day in the life of Shannon**

5 comments:

Amy said...

Whew girl, that wore me out!!! I am so glad you found Lovie and how sweet of your mom to help you so much. I'm so thankful that she's in your life, and I know that you are too!! Yea for the back up Lamb! This is a great story for Graci when she's older. My grandmother had to get the daycare to open up LATE one night when we realized my lovie, Baby Ann, was in the daycare. My 2 year old self could NOT sleep with out it. She could relate to your story! lol I love you!

Unknown said...

We have a blankie that we cannot leave home without! I can completely understand the mad retracing of steps. I am so glad that you found the original lovey. What a crazy day!

Ronda said...

I'm tired just reading your blog! I'm glad all was well in the end. Some would just give up and you are such a great mom to keep going and searching! I'm so glad you got the break earlier to go to McWane. One day I want to get passes too and maybe we can go together! Love ya!

Jenn said...

Brown Sugar---I love you & love stepping into your world, sharing life with you; even if chaos strikes;o)! What memories God is blessing us with. I will forever love this day & remember the intensity that one sweet blanket can bring to a mom & aunt's heart.

How very ironic that 7 years ago you were on line looking for a Precious Moment giraffe for Will, & do you remember (well, probably not---LOL!!!) buying him a zebra to try & replace it? Shane & I called Food Wold a bizillion times the day he lost it.

And, I remember (do you???---LOL) the night i called about Brooksey's Hippo (the horrid 3 hr throw up trip in car) & you were going to drive to P. Barn & buy one. I vaguely remember you helping me look on e-bay for this, too. Awwwww...i just love all this.

Now, how sweet is that? I must say I was worn out after spending 2 full days with all my girls---hee. We girls are so dramatic & passionate. I love having 3 girls in my life that feel like my own.

Next time we talk, let me know what you remember & don;t remember from the giraffe & hippo.

Big Hugs!

Jenn said...

And, from now on, I will be obsessed w/your memory & I'll ask over & over what you remember. I'll worry about it. I'll stew over. I'll always think, "does she remember this or that?"

So me: the classic, OCD worry worm

So You: the athletic, go getter, determined one

We're a great pair!