Time4Learning

I've been invited to try Time4Learning for one month in exchange for a candid review. Time4Learning can be used for homeschool, afterschool and summer skill sharpening. Be sure to come back and read about my experience. Please note, we cannot process requests for blogs which have been active for less than six months. Time4Learning does not honor requests for a 30 day free membership for reviews posted on Facebook , Twitter, private blogs, groups or forums of any kind. As always, please feel free to contact us anytime at reviews@time4learning.com.

Friday, February 22, 2008

And the week goes on....

After talking with my precious sis-in-law, I decided I really did need to blog more about my week this week. It will be entertaining for most of you to read, boring to some, and therapeutic for me to type. You all have read about the beginnings of my Sunday so I will just pick up from there.


Sunday after church we head out to eat in the storms. My poor husband got caught in the middle of them while trying to join us to eat. Thanks to me for not giving in and just going home on such a lovely day. We ended up having a good lunch and the afternoon really wasn't that bad from what I can remember. I didn't get to take a nap, which I really wanted, but that is to be expected nowadays.


Monday is when we headed to the McWane Center. As you can see from my earlier post, we had a great time, but there was so much that happened that day that was behind the scenes, so to speak. I was running on time (which doesn't happen that often with me anymore) to meet my mom and Jen downtown. Of course, we get to I-65 and there is a wreck that has happened and I can't get off the interstate to get downtown. We ended up being on the interstate for an hour!!! The girls were so excited and they didn't quite understand why everyone was just sitting still and not driving. Thankfully, Graci did fall asleep and get a little cat nap on the way. PTL!!!

We finally get down there and it is completely packed so we had to park on the top level off the parking deck. We get parked and get inside and see my mom joyfully waiting for us. Another praise in my book! Once getting inside and making sure everyone has gone to the bathroom and Jenn and the boys get there, we are finally on our way in the place. While checking in we realize I was giving the wrong passes that my mom had paid for so they would have to print out the correct ones for me to pick up when we were leaving (and of course I forgot to pick them up). We proceeded in the doors and the fun began ... finally (only almost 2 hours since we left the house).


The kids really did have a great time looking and learning about all the cool stuff (and we were only on the first floor). Graci was even enjoying herself running around and trying to keep up with her sisters and cousins. It was exhausting for all of us trying to keep up with all the kids but we did it and we had a great time. We played for a couple of hours and then decided it was time to do lunch.
Here's the highs and lows:
*Mom took Brooks and Emi to the potty
*Jenn and I ordered lunch
*I took Payton to the potty
*Brooks had a meltdown about sitting arrangements
*Sit down to eat and Payton pitches a fit because she doesn't want pizza
*I go order her some chicken
*We finally are all eating
*Payton has to go to the potty again - Jenn takes her
*Will gets Dippin Dots for $3 a pop so the others want them too
*Mom counts out her change so we can get one more for them to all share
*Payton spills her chocolate milk all over her hair, shirt and floor
*Emi pitches a fit because she can't go see the movie (but just looking at the picture scared her)
*Lunch is finally over and Will, Jenn and Brooks sneak off to the movie
*Mom takes Graci home for me (YEAH!!)
*Emi, Payton and I went to the "Just My Size" area and played for a while
*We also walked downstairs to the World of Water area and walked around there
*We finally left after a very long morning
*Both girls fell asleep before getting out of downtown and slept through us getting Graci and all the way home
*Get home and unloaded and then get ready to leave again to go and teach class at the gym

I'm sure I missed something, but that is pretty much all I can remember now.
It was a very, very long day, but yes, we will go back to the McWane Center anytime someone wants us too. It was worth it!!

No comments: