Time4Learning

I've been invited to try Time4Learning for one month in exchange for a candid review. Time4Learning can be used for homeschool, afterschool and summer skill sharpening. Be sure to come back and read about my experience. Please note, we cannot process requests for blogs which have been active for less than six months. Time4Learning does not honor requests for a 30 day free membership for reviews posted on Facebook , Twitter, private blogs, groups or forums of any kind. As always, please feel free to contact us anytime at reviews@time4learning.com.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Pray for My PawPaw Please....

I have so much I am trying to organize and upload and try to remember what I wanted to say but this takes priority over that all right now...

Please pray for my PawPaw, Dale Roberts. He was diagnosed with lung cancer on March 5, 2008. He has been fighting this battle very hard and has been doing a good job until now. The cancer is taking over. He isn't in any pain but they think it might have spread to his brain. He is falling a lot and cannot get up to go to the bathroom now and is having trouble feeding himself. His weight has dropped to 123 pounds from his normal weight of between 225 to 240. This is my only granddaddy. I have always been close to him and I love him soooo much!!! He lives in Shelbyville, TN with his wife, Jere, who has been a rock during this time. She loves him so much and I am so thankful that they have each other. Pray for her. This is her soul mate and this is hard on her too. Pray for peace about everything. Pray for strength. Pray for my daddy, Richard (he has both parents still living). Pray for PawPaw that his mind stays clear.

I am so thankful that last year I was able to go and see my PawPaw be baptized after finally committing his life to Christ after so many years. (see this post) At least now I know where he will be spending eternity. I am just not ready for him to go right yet.

Pray that I can work out the details so I can go up and spend the day with him this next week. I really need to go soon and I want to be able to spend some time with him, just holding him and hugging him. I need this before he does pass.

I think that is all for now, but I would appreciate the prayers.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Shannon, I am praying, girl. Those grandparents are very special. I lost my dear Nanny in February. She always called me her 4th daughter instead of a granddaughter. Just remember that God's timing is perfect even though you will never be ready for it. I pray for your PawPaw and Jere and that you will be able to go see him. I pray that God's healing hand would be on him according to His will. May God's peace be with you and your precious family. Dewayne said to tell your dad he is praying for him.

Unknown said...

Just said a prayer for your PawPaw and for all of your family.

Shannon said...

thank you dondee and sandi, i greatly appreciate it as well as the rest of my family. will keep you updated.