Time4Learning

I've been invited to try Time4Learning for one month in exchange for a candid review. Time4Learning can be used for homeschool, afterschool and summer skill sharpening. Be sure to come back and read about my experience. Please note, we cannot process requests for blogs which have been active for less than six months. Time4Learning does not honor requests for a 30 day free membership for reviews posted on Facebook , Twitter, private blogs, groups or forums of any kind. As always, please feel free to contact us anytime at reviews@time4learning.com.

Friday, June 12, 2009

Update on PawPaw

Well, daddy and I just got home from Tennessee and seeing my Pawpaw.


This is one time that I had my camera but just couldn't make myself use it. You see, the PawPaw I remember is one that was an overweight jolly fellow with the fluffy white hair and always ready to go play some golf. That is not what I saw today.


My mom and my dad had told me that I would be shocked at how he looked, but for some reason, I wasn't as prepared as I needed to be. He was soooo skinny and all you saw was his bones, sleepy/watery eyes, and exhausted body. This is not an image I wanted to save in my camera that I would look back and remember him by. I think I will stick with images I took the last trip and during his baptism.

He started running a temperature and coughing a good bit while we were there. The hospice nurse started him on some antibiotics and some medicine to help loosen the the mucus in his chest. He was wheezing pretty bad and is having to do breathing treatments about 4 times a day. He just looks so tired. I just crawled up in the bed with him and held his hands and rubbed his legs.

It was a sweet time that dad and I got to spend with him, but I can tell it won't be long before he gets to meet Jesus. We are trying to figure out a time when we can get everyone else in the family up there to see him.

Prayer Requests:
Jere - for her strength, her comfort, her energy and peace for her

PawPaw - for him to continue to feel no pain, that his passing would be quick (not soon), that he would comprehend what we are telling him about Heaven and that he would feel a peace that could only come from God

Daddy and the rest of the family - for comfort and peace and for everyone who wants a chance to see him that they would get there in time

2 comments:

Daily Tales of Sugar and Spice said...

shannon - you and your family will be in our prayers. we love you guys! -court

Jackie said...

I'm so sorry. Prayers coming from me.