Time4Learning

I've been invited to try Time4Learning for one month in exchange for a candid review. Time4Learning can be used for homeschool, afterschool and summer skill sharpening. Be sure to come back and read about my experience. Please note, we cannot process requests for blogs which have been active for less than six months. Time4Learning does not honor requests for a 30 day free membership for reviews posted on Facebook , Twitter, private blogs, groups or forums of any kind. As always, please feel free to contact us anytime at reviews@time4learning.com.

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Update on Paw Paw

Please be praying. We found out today that my PawPaw has 3 to 6 months to live. He is in stage 3 of cancer and where it is located it is inoperable. Chemo is an option but they said it would only prolong his life by maybe 6 months. He isn't sure if this is something he wants to do at this point or not. He and his wife, Jere, spoke with a psychiatrist to make sure they understood what was being told to them. When asked by the doctor if he knew what this meant, PawPaw said he did and that he knew he wouldn't get better. When the doctor asked Jere if there was something that was troubling her about it she stated that she knew he wasn't Christian.

This honestly is the hardest part.
I want to see Paw Paw again in heaven one day.
I want him to leave this world knowing he is going to a better place.
I want my dad to know he will see his dad again in heaven.
I want PawPaw to be able to crawl up in Jesus' lap on the days he is feeling terrible and know he is in a safe place and just rest there.

In all of this, I know this isn't about me and my wants. I know God is ultimately in control but I want to be able to used by God if at all possible to get through to PawPaw. Please be praying for this whole situation. My whole family could use it.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Praying a whole bunch...

Unknown said...

Praying for all of you.

Jenn said...

what a sweet post...

praying

i love you to the moon...