Time4Learning

I've been invited to try Time4Learning for one month in exchange for a candid review. Time4Learning can be used for homeschool, afterschool and summer skill sharpening. Be sure to come back and read about my experience. Please note, we cannot process requests for blogs which have been active for less than six months. Time4Learning does not honor requests for a 30 day free membership for reviews posted on Facebook , Twitter, private blogs, groups or forums of any kind. As always, please feel free to contact us anytime at reviews@time4learning.com.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

My Paw Paw



Several of you have been praying for my PawPaw so I wanted to put a picture of him up so that you could see just who you are praying for. For those of you that aren't aware of what is going on here is a brief description. My PawPaw, Dale, was diagnosed with lung cancer a few weeks ago. It has taken over one lung and is already in his lymph nodes. His other lung is strong enough to support him if he undergoes surgery but the doctors still don't have a plan of action at this point.

I love my PawPaw. He is the only granddad I have ever known. Just a few thoughts that come to mind when I think of him...

* Practicing my gymnastics in his thick green grass
* His 2nd wife Dottie that pierced my ears
* Climbing up in his lap for a big hug
* Getting to work everyday in the same place with him for years
* Sharing Jesus with him and praying with him (still praying for him in this area)
* His thick white hair
* His belly that was always so comfy to snuggle on (he doesn't have it anymore)

Those are just a few of them. I love my PawPaw and I am praying for his salvation, his health, his comfort and his strength as he battles this cancer.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm praying for those things too... Thank you for sharing him with us. Love you...

Jenn said...

deeply praying for him & family...he looks so handsome in the pics you took on the trip! i know he is dear to you all & i believe Jesus will be knocking at His door...praying for Christ to soften his heart...

i love you sweet brown sug!