Time4Learning

I've been invited to try Time4Learning for one month in exchange for a candid review. Time4Learning can be used for homeschool, afterschool and summer skill sharpening. Be sure to come back and read about my experience. Please note, we cannot process requests for blogs which have been active for less than six months. Time4Learning does not honor requests for a 30 day free membership for reviews posted on Facebook , Twitter, private blogs, groups or forums of any kind. As always, please feel free to contact us anytime at reviews@time4learning.com.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Bragging on Emi

Well, before I brag I need to just write a little. There are days when I wonder if she really is 4 or if she is actually already into her teenage years and just trapped in her cute little body. She is so mature in so many ways and then in other ways, she is right on target for the sassy 4 year old she is. Here's an example:

The scene: Emi has been carrying Graci around and Graci is now aggravated and tired of her and wants me to "rescue" her from her sisters.


Me: Emi please hand me her lamb (lovey)

Emi: I told you if you put her down I will give her lamb to her
Me: Emi, I am not making a deal with you. Hand me her lamb please so she will quit crying

Emi: (now with hands on her hips) I will give it to her when you put her down

Me: Emi go to your room and I will be in there in a minute to talk with you

Emi: I don't have to go to my room because I didn't do anything wrong. You are the one that won't put Graci down so I can give her lamb to her


UGH!!!!! Well, needless to say, it didn't end well for my precious 4 year old.


Then I can turn around and she will be reading books to Graci and helping PayPay pick out her clothes and get them on and cleaning up the blocks and books and just being a great helper. Then I can turn back around and she is hitting Payton or picking up Graci again and making everyone scream (including her mommy).


Boy do I love her though!!!! I can't believe that my first baby is already 4 1/2 years old. She is such a little mini-mom. She has grown up so fast it is absolutely amazing.


Onto my bragging now...

Most of you know that Emi has been blessed with gymnastics talent that only God could give to her. She really is amazing. She is on a team at her gym with 5 & 6 year olds (she's the only one that is 4) and the team name is the Hot Shots. For the longest time she would tell people she was on the Hopscotch team :) Here is the picture of her new leotard for her team...

Anyway, she is going to be competing in a gymnastics meet in March!!!!!! This is so exciting for me. I did Gymnastics growing up so I love seeing her with a love for it too. She is practicing 2 days a week now for 1 1/2 hours so that is not too fun with Payton and Graci when they have to go but it's worth the sacrifice. She is doing her back hip circle on the bar with no help and it really is close to perfect. She has been learning her floor routine and she does it constantly at the house to get it "good" as she says. Her head stands and hand stands, splits, back bends, cartwheels, roundoffs, forward and backward rolls ... she is doing so good. I hate to sound prideful, but I am proud of her and I want to brag on her. I love seeing determination in a 4 year old and seeing it produce such great things. She is "strong as wood" as she will tell you so... I just tell her she is solid muscle.... she can definitely hold her own.
Here are some pics of her headstand, handstand and middle splits...
All this to say, even on the days when I want to knock her cute little sassy self into next week, she is mine and I am proud of her.

5 comments:

Ronda said...

I'm so sorry but I had to laugh at your first exchange! I know it wasn't funny at the time but where do they get these things? WOW! I want to go see her at the meet in March. Please give me details so I can put it on the calendar!

Unknown said...

I'm with Ronda, let us know when it is, how exciting for her ~ brag away=)

Amy said...

GO Emi!! I'm proud of her too!! She looks adorable in her leotard. :)

Jennifer said...

Wow! How impressive! I love it...she's something else!

Jenn said...

I love our little limber "squat"...

Go Emi!!!! Can't wait for the meet:o)