Time4Learning

I've been invited to try Time4Learning for one month in exchange for a candid review. Time4Learning can be used for homeschool, afterschool and summer skill sharpening. Be sure to come back and read about my experience. Please note, we cannot process requests for blogs which have been active for less than six months. Time4Learning does not honor requests for a 30 day free membership for reviews posted on Facebook , Twitter, private blogs, groups or forums of any kind. As always, please feel free to contact us anytime at reviews@time4learning.com.

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Tradition

I can't believe that Christmas is actually only a few days away. I love this time of year and all of the traditions that take place and creating new traditions for our family. It is funny to see the things Bryan did when he was growing up and the things I did when I was growing up and how we are combining those to make this season just as special for our girls as it was for us.

We have been reading the Christmas story, Luke 2, every night since Thanksgiving to Emi and Payton. Emi calls it the Jesus story. Bryan reads from his Bible while Emi and PayPay hold their Bible open and literally repeat everything he says. It is such a beautiful thing to watch your children read the Bible (at least act like they are reading). When you ask them what Christmas is all about, Emi will be sure to tell you that it is "not all about Santa. It is all about baby Jesus being born in a "away in a manger" to Mary and Joseph." Just too precious!!

On a completely different note, Graci turned 1 the other day and that has been an emotional roller coaster for me. The 2 older girls have been in Selma with Bryan's parents so me and Graci have had some bonding time. She is taking about 10 steps at a time and laughing and carrying on. She has loved being alone and being able to crawl and walk around without being carried or pushed or pulled anywhere by her sissys. She does miss them though. She looks in their room for them all the time. Seeing how much she is changing daily is amazing to me. I look at her and can't believe a year has passed already. My little jingle bell is 1!!!!

5 comments:

Ronda said...

I can't believe she is already one! Where has the time gone? Happy Birthday sweet girl!! I'm so glad you have had some special bonding time. Love ya!

Jennifer said...

I loved seeing her walk yesterday. She is so cute!

Jenn said...

What a fun year you had & I am so thankful we were a part of the memories:). I love my "baby gehls". Just too adorable. Graci is changing so so much & I can't believe Payton is almost 3---yikes!

Soak them up. 2008 will be an awesome year as we watch our little Graci grow. Our boys are smitten with their girly cousins---how blessed we are:).

Jenn said...

Oops---that last comment is suppose to be on your new year post---oh well.

Here's my comment for this post:
I am so thrilled you got special time with sweet Graci & got to relish her cute simple joys.

:)

Jenn said...

And, how cool is it that God brought you & B together to share such sweet traditions from each family. Your girls will carry these into their families one day!