Time4Learning

I've been invited to try Time4Learning for one month in exchange for a candid review. Time4Learning can be used for homeschool, afterschool and summer skill sharpening. Be sure to come back and read about my experience. Please note, we cannot process requests for blogs which have been active for less than six months. Time4Learning does not honor requests for a 30 day free membership for reviews posted on Facebook , Twitter, private blogs, groups or forums of any kind. As always, please feel free to contact us anytime at reviews@time4learning.com.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"You're a Mom"

Okay, this is a quote that came out of a man's mouth yesterday. This quote "You're a mom" made me stop and think ... a lot.

Here's the situation:
I had just gone to the gym and ran 2 miles and then worked out. So, no, I wasn't all made up and looking beautiful and I had all my kids in tow too. I had to go and get my car looked at because it was making a funny noise. When I walked in I said I was sorry for looking so bad but I had just been to the gym. This man nonchalantly says, "that's okay, you're a mom". Now he honestly meant no harm in this statement and probably didn't think anything after he said it. But I on the other hand did.

Is that what "stay at home mom's" are supposed to look like??? I mean, I really do try and be presentable most of the time but is this what people think??? Are we supposed to look bad because we are moms? I don't think so. I want to look nice for my husband and my kids, but that is just not possible at all times.

Am I the only one that feels this way???

Just had to vent....

3 comments:

Greta said...

Bob says "sorry". ;)

He really was just trying to be understanding that you have a lot going on.

On another note, are we gonna see y'all Friday night???

Shannon said...

you're hilarious greta!!! I shoul have known you would know who I was talking about. And I know he meant nothing by it.
But yes, get there as soon as you guys can. We are going thursday!!

Amy said...

Sahm moms seem to get a lot of flack for not getting gussied up, but you know, no matter what I put on, it gets snot/food/dirt/slober smeared all over it. So there's no need for me to put real clothes on, unless I'm going to be gone all day. If I'm just running one quick errand, then yep, I ain't pretty.

Make up? I don't even get to shower some days, much less put make up on. But I do want to look nice for my hunny and kids, but I think it will a coule of more years before I get there!!

I think you are a knockout regardless. And your personality is so genuine and cool and that stands out to me so much more than whether or not you have makeup on!

(No offense to Mr. Bob. Poor guy walked into a mine field!! Quite by accident!!!lol...)